28.9.13

Breakfast x Berry Banana Oatmeal

what more can I say about this bowl of delicious nutritious goodness??

More than 5 years ago when I was first introduced to the taste of oats, 'yucks' was the first word that came out from my mouth. It was nothing yummy but tasteless, plain and boring. 'How could anyone eat that for breakfast???', I thought. But if not for my parents, I wouldn't really have knew about oats since 2007-2008. 

It then slowly got incorporated into my life since then. From a mouthful, to once a week and at least 3-4 times a week now other than my PB bread (another quick to go fav!). I'm lucky because my mom cooks it during the weekdays so when I get out of bathroom, it's ready for me.
I'm not a fan of creamy oats so I don't usually cooked it with milk. I tried once and hot milk tastes quite horrible to me :/ I do the plain way, with water and then I add milk, fruits and nuts to it. Cold milk tastes much better :)

Berries somehow are also always found in my fridge. Every Sunday, I'll make sure I topped them up! We  also make sure to restock our nuts every few weeks too!

There are many types of oats i.e. rolled oats, steel cut, quick/instant and I prefer the first one

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Nuts / Fruits for toppings (any of your choice)
  • Milk for topping

Steps:
  • Bring water to boil and then pour the rolled oats into it.
  • Leave it to cook & stir for about 10-15 minutes
  • Scoop to bowl, pour in cold milk and add any toppings of your choice
  • Toppings: I usually have berries/walnuts/almond nuts/raisins
  • Ready to serve!

If you're peanut better lover like me, add a tablespoon on it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment